CEOs and CMOs have come from a time when social was so new to now giving it its utmost importance and due credit. And its ever growing. Now why should it matter to us- how our brand appears on social media and how can we take care of it?
“A brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of other sellers” (American Marketing Association).”
There are various elements that take care of your branding -those being- Voice, Typography, Photography, Brand Mark, Logo type.
Why should you take care of your branding on social media platforms?
Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%).(Source: MarketingSherpa) Today there are more instances for your brand to be seen first time on a social platform, than anywhere else.
96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch
Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot)
78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour. (Source: Lithium)
And there are more such stats that you can find on this blog- Dream grow (link- https://www.dreamgrow.com/21-social-media-marketing-statistics/ )
Now lets understand what are the positive effects your brand is going to have via social media:
1. Website Traffic- is bound to improve if your are giving out the right message tactfully.
2. SEO Rankings – Search engines showcase your social presence as well, and helps improve rankings.
3. Higher Conversion and lead generations
4. Customer Insights- you can measure the tangible and the intangible effects, insights, reputation & sentiments of your brand’s presence online. Besides the analytics, the positive negative feedback – in terms of turning on/off notifications, hiding your ads, etc. And there are a lot of Social Listening tools (both paid and free) to help you with that.
5. Customer Service- Dedicated CRM teams online have brought brands closer to their customers on a global platform.
Now this can go on and on, with the amount of data and paid tools at our disposable.
Lets understand a few things you need to take care of on social :
1. Create a synchrony between your online and offline brand presence.
2. Do not be afraid of negative reviews. Its the unsaid fact that a lot of brands do not open up their doors on social platforms, for the fear of receiving negative reviews. As a brand, handling after sales customer query is of paramount importance, but this ones for Customers- please understand that social media is not a CRM platform. Please reach out to their CRM team on the details ( mail, phone number, outlet, etc.) provided by the Company. However, the fact is true for smaller non-corporate groups.
3. Invest in creative designing, photography for your brand presence on social media and again, keep it synchronised with your brand image.
4. Keep your social presence updated. Consistency is the key.